Skiing & dancing… the Ibiza winter sports atmosphere is reaching new heights! Following on from the famous “Folie Douce”, Snowsports Music Festivals are spreading across European ski resorts. France, Austria, Switzerland, Spain… Which country / which trendy resort will you choose so as to completely disconnect from your business trip during your ski vacation? The Kabuto team is here to put you on the right slope!
A moment of madness for French ski resorts
Who hasn’t already witnessed or even experienced the incredible atmosphere of La Folie Douce up on the mountain terraces? Skiing, fooding, and clubbing: the concept, thought up by a Savoyard family dates from the 80s. The first Folie Douce came to life in the prestigious French resort of Val d'Isère "to do good to the stomach and to the heart".
Today, La Folie Douce wants, above all, to do good to our mood and to our mind! 2000m above sea level, both DJs and incredible shows, dare to bring ‘après ski’ experiences alive, accompanied by great local gastronomy. At Val d´Isère, but also at Val Thorens, Méribel / Courchevel, L'Alpe d´Huez, St Gervais / Megève, and Avoriaz / Morzine, your ski vacations will take on a new feeling of craziness and freedom.
This season promises to be explosive. Trendy travelers will love these must-see events, as well as many others:
• Born in the 90’s: dig out your fluo ski-suits and revive the house music atmosphere every Monday afternoon in Val d'Isère!
• Rock The Top show: acrobatic dancers, singers and completely crazy musicians put on a show every day from 1:30 to 2:40 pm in Méribel / Courchevel.
• Folie Moon party: one Saturday a month, Avoriaz celebrates the full moon, with a touch of madness. Only La Folie Douce knows how to do it…
Dance music from the Alps to the Sierra Nevada
Put your suitcases down. Slip on your ski clothes. Hit the slopes. And…? Let yourself be carried away by the rhythm of Snowsports Music in an exceptional panorama! This is the new trend across ski resorts. The biggest international Electro music DJs can be heard from the Alps to the Sierra Nevada. Clubbing makes way for live music festivals in the heart of the resorts, on the slopes, and, where possible, in completely unexpected spots. From March to May, no less than 8 well known resorts have come up with exceptional outdoor programs for you:
- 14/21 March 2020 – Tomorrowland Winter Festival at Alpes d’Huez, France: A Belgian Electro music festival in an imaginary world setting.
- 14/21 March 2020 – European Snow Pride at Tignes, France: The biggest European gay ski week with amazing events and unforgettable parties.
- 15/21 March – Festival Rock The Piste at Avoriaz, France: 35 pop-rock concerts, accessible just with your ski pass. Featuring: Deluxe and IAM.
- 24/26 March 2020 – Festi Val Tho at Val Thorens, France: The best of the electro universe, 2 300m above sea level, at Chalets du Thorens/ 360°Bar. Free of charge.
- 21/28 March – Festival Snow at Avoriaz, France: A whole week with internationally famous DJs and endless partying activities.
- 31 March / 5 April 2020 – Unlimited Festival at Chamonix, France: DJs, parties and outdoor Electro events, in incredible places like the terrace at the top of the Aiguille du Midi (3842m above sea level).
- 11/14 April – Caprices Festival at Crans Montana, Switzerland: MDRNTY famous setting at the peak of the Swiss Alps is THE biggest rendez-vous for world renowned DJs.
- 13/18 April 2020 – Snowbombing at Mayrhofen, Austria : « Europe’s greatest show on snow ». Electro concerts, Urban and House events with Liam Gallagher, The Streets and Foals.
- 21/23 April 2020 – Live in Tignes by Francofolies at Tignes, France. The one and only Pop Rock alpine festival, completely free of charge. Featuring: Tryo, The Avener, Ofenbach, Deluxe, Bon Entendeur…
- 1 et 2 May 2020 – Sun & Snow Festival at Sierra Nevada, Spain: 3 different settings for DJs and alternative music artists. Family friendly atmosphere guaranteed.
So? Which resort are you going to pick for your après-ski fun in 2020?
Kabuto, travel that moves you.